JOB: Bioinformatician Research Assistant
LOCATION: Laval, Quebec ⧉
JOB TERM: 1 years fixed term with opportunity for continuation
Moleculomics is seeking to employ a bioinformatician for the delivery of a strategically important project for the development of our fast growing company.
In this role you will be responsible for the technical delivery of a project spanning both high throughput protein structural modelling and predicted interaction of resulting protein structures with large libraries of small molecules. Experience in high throughput computing approaches, big data and programming is mandatory. Training relating to proprietary technologies will be provided as part of this role. Knowledge of and experience with drug development, medicinal chemistry and systems biology is desirable, although not necessary. Experience of project critical deadlines being met on time and within budget is critical.
Moleculomics offer a flexible work environment which is best suited to disciplined and motivated individuals with a history of applying initiative to overcome challenges, seeking guidance when needed. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a highly innovative project, considered “disruptive” to common drug discovery approaches, with the opportunity to thrive in the small business environment whilst rapidly gaining valuable experience resulting in a long-term employment opportunity.
- A strong degree in computer science or related subject
- Knowledge and practical understanding of HPC systems, job submission and the development and scaling of algorithms for parallelisation
- Ability to generate, organise and analyse large datasets
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- “Self-starter” characteristics essential
- Experience of drug development, medicinal chemistry and systems biology
- Fluency in French is desirable
For more information and immediate consideration please send a PDF CV to email@example.com